Website Albert Lea Area Schools
- The Albert Lea Online Academy is being offered for students in grades 6-12. This online learning platform is for students who are self-motivated and enjoy learning in a virtual environment. Courses are all provided through the online platform using video modules, reading for learning in the subject matter, journaling, and other online resources. Teachers will guide students, check on their progress in the virtual lessons/assignments, correct work as appropriate, and regularly communicate updates to parents/students. Parents and guardians will be the learning coach to ensure the child is attending and completing their daily work.
- Albert Lea School District is accepting applications for a 0.4 FTE Social Studies Teacher for the Albert Lea Online Academy, 2022-2023 school year. Responsibilities include traditional academic duties in an online format and supporting students in their educational experience. The successful candidate in this position should be excellent at communicating whether via Email/Text Message or via Phone Calls/Google Meets with families and students. Quality communications with Families is expected and staff will also be working with the Parent/Guardian learning coaches. Experience in working with students/families online and in working with technology are preferred. The successful candidate may be asked to complete an Out-of-Field Permission (OFP) with PELSB as needed for the position.
Questions can be directed to John Double, Principal of the Albert Lea Online Academy, at [email protected]
- Valid Minnesota license in Social Studies grades 5-12
- Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with teaching Social Studies in an Online Format preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Extracurricular activities and athletics opportunities are available.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply through the district website.
Job ID: 2326
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.