Website Albert Lea Area Schools
The school psychologists will help buildings successfully implement a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) framework in order to: improve academic achievement, promote positive behavior, support diverse learners, create safe, positive school climates, strengthen family-school partnerships, and monitor individual student progress in academics and behavior.
- Promote and assist in effective and efficient school-wide implementation of an MTSS framework for both academics and social emotional learning, in partnership with building administration and teams.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with child find requirements related to the implementation of scientific research-based interventions.
- Attend special education department meetings
- Facilitate the child find process by assisting to responding referrals for initial special education evaluations for students suspected of having disabilities.
- Coordinate the reevaluation process for students receiving special education and related services
- Administer and interpret intellectual ability tests, social behavior assessments, academic assessments and adaptive assessments as part of comprehensive evaluations for current and potential students in need of special services.
- Assist with facilitating transition planning, including attending IEP meetings (as needed) for students moving from ECSE programs to kindergarten, elementary to middle school and middle school to high school, or between buildings and programs.
- Complete functional behavioral assessments (FBAs), when deemed appropriate by the student team
- Assist in the development of behavior support plans (BSPs), in collaboration with special education staff.
- MN Teaching Licensure in School Psychology or ability to obtain licensure
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects independently
- A passion and willingness to learn and help others learn
- Strong oral and written communication skills
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online through the district's website.
Job ID: 2520
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.