Website Anoka-Hennepin School District
Multiple positions available. Please review locations on the Anoka-Hennepin website: www.ahschools.us/jobs
Full Time 183 days/6.5 hrs/day
Duties: Assists in the instruction of students with disabilities in mainstream, resource room or centerbase settings. Although the job duties vary due to the age or level of disability, job duties may include:
– managing behavior (redirecting, calming or removing a disruptive student from the classroom)
– monitoring and recording student progress in instructional areas (academics, daily living skills, dressing , grooming, social skills, etc.)
– managing physical needs (toileting, feeding, dressing, lifting, positioning, transporting students in wheelchairs, etc.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Personal Care Assistant certification required to be completed within 30 days of start date. Ability to work effectively with students with disabilities. Good communications, interpersonal and recordkeeping skills. Ability to work cooperatively with students and staff. Ability to take direction. Ability to maintain regular attendance, which includes completing an assigned day. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Ability to perform position responsibilities, including physical factors, work devices, materials handling, data functions and people functions, but not limited to: toileting, feeding and self care procedures, implementing behavioral management program; maintaining student data; working with students who may display aggressive, abusive or inappropriate verbal and/or physical behavior. Must be physically working in the building.
Rate of Pay:
$18.00/hour, or up DOQ with K-12 experience
$19.60/hour with AA/AAS degree or 60 semester/90 quarter credits from a regionally accredited institution, or up DOQ with K-12 experience
$20.40/hour with BA degree from a regionally accredited institution, or up DOQ with K-12 experience
Special Ed Paras serving Centerbased students and classrooms 50 percent or more of their time shall receive an additional $0.50 per hour.
Special Ed Paras at Bridges, Pathways, or River Trail Learning Center shall receive an additional $1.00/hour.
District Application Guidelines
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/jobs
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.