Website Blooming Prairie Public Schools #756
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The successful candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in education with a focus on Early Childhood Special Education and a Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) issued ECSE teaching license. Our ECSE program includes close work with and strong partnerships between general education and special education staff. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with administration, staff, and families.
ISD #756 is a small rural school district in SE MN. We serve approximately 900 students Pre-K – 12. We have seen a gradual increase in the student population over the past several years and are in the middle stage of a building project. We are adding additional classroom space to accommodate our growth along with an auditorium, gym space, flex spacing, and art classrooms, renovating our Ag/Industrial Tech spaces, and completing several long-term facility maintenance projects.
1. Conducting comprehensive early childhood special education (ECSE) evaluations, interpreting results, and working with the team to determine if students meet initial entrance or continuing criteria under the category of Developmental delay (DD).
2. Developing and implementing annual Individual Education Program (IEP) plans for identified students to include present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
3. Provide research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives within each student’s IEP plan.
4. Serves as the primary contact for the parent(s), classroom teacher, and other support staff.
5. Effectively and appropriately work with parents, students, staff, and other educational professionals regarding instructional needs, concerns, or challenges of the student and district.
6. Maintain, document, and update due process records in accordance with federal and state laws, rules, and/or regulations.
7. Provides direction and supervision of paraprofessionals as directed.
8. Provides consultation to classroom teachers regarding classroom adaptations, instructional modifications, adaptive equipment, behavior modification plans, and other similar instructional interventions to meet the needs of young students with IEPs.
9. Enhance skills via continuing education and professional development activities.
District Application Guidelines
Please send a Letter of Interest, resume/credentials, three letters of recommendation, and completed application form to:
Jacob Schwarz, Principal, Blooming Prairie Elementary
123 2nd St, Blooming Prairie, MN 55917
Application deadline: Until Filled
Official Job Posting, Application Form, and request for accommodations available at https://www.blossoms.k12.mn.us/page/3567
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.