Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community Schools (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Brooklyn Center Elementary Teaching team for the 2021-2022 school year. The ADSIS teacher will provide direct reading and/or math instructional interventions for qualifying students, manage the data about students for whom intervention is provided, and collaborates with teachers and parents regarding students’ ADSIS qualification, progress resulting from interventions, and exiting the program.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We stand front and center
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and implement a multi-level prevention system for reading and/or math within a Multi-Tier System of Support (MTSS)
- Interpret assessment data to drive instruction that addresses student learning needs
- Prepare and deliver effective reading and math intervention strategies in an individual or small group setting
- Monitor progress of individual student learning targets and personal learning plan goals
- Monitor and maintain accurate documentation of academic achievement
- Communicate progress to students, school personnel, and families in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure reading and/or math interventions are implemented with fidelity
- Remain current with research and best practices in MTSS and evidence-based reading instruction through professional readings, training, workshop attendance, and other methods, as appropriate
- Participate in and direct in-service and other training and activities related to best practices in reading and math, as well as communicating the purpose of ADSIS to various stakeholders
- Serve on committees and workgroups, as requested
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the building principal.
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students and staff
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data-driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
Salary: Based on Salary Schedule
Duty Days: 197, includes 8 paid holidays!
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, K-6 Elementary Education
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.