Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Full Service Community Schools
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking a Special Education Elementary Teacher to join our team for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person’s intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one’s higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
- Experience with instructional technology integration to support high levels of student engagement.
This position provides special education services to elementary aged special education students. Services may be a combination of pull-out, push-in, virtual, and in person. This position includes case management and evaluation involvement. Candidate should have knowledge and experience writing IEP’s, knowledge of MN special education criteria and the evaluation process including Functional Behavior Assessments; understanding the use of Positive Behavior Supports; knowledge of how to write a Behavior Intervention Plan; Knowledge of due process procedures; ability to work with a team; training or willingness to be trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), excellent skills and knowledge in Structured Behavior Management Systems; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, Special Education: SLD, ASD, EBD, ABS, DCD
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply directly on the district website to be considered for employment. Thank you.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.