Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community Schools (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Early College Academy Teaching Team for the 2021-2022 school year. Under the general supervision of the School Principal, The Science Teacher will develop students’ skills and competence in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics; develops students’ skills and abilities in scientific methods and problem-solving.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We stand front and center
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches knowledge and skills in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics, in accordance with district curriculum
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for the subject area and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of science to everyday existence, including scientific research projects, demonstrations, experiments, and laboratory activities
- Instructs students in the proper use and care of scientific equipment, chemicals, and plant and animal life
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed
- Maintains familiarity with district and Minnesota State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings, or by conducting research
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement, and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- Supervises students to ensure a safe, supportive, culturally responsive, equitable, and welcoming learning environment
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids, and other supplies and equipment maintains inventory records and ensures equipment is in good working order
- Other duties as assigned.
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students and staff
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data-driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
Salary: Based on Salary Schedule
Duty Days: 197, includes 8 paid holidays!
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, K-6 Elementary Education
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.