Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking a Temporary Health Assistant to join their Health Services Team for the remainder of the school year! The Health Services Assistant completes daily student health office intake, providing basic assessments, first aid, care, medication administration, data entry, and health information maintenance. Under the supervision of the Licensed School Nurse (LSN), performs nursing duties within the bounds of his/ her licensure. Maintains school health records and clerical duties of the health office under the direction and guidance of the LSN.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community that fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Salary: $16.24- $20.00 DOQ
Duty Days: As Soon As Possible – TBD
Hours: 7:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. including a 30 minute unpaid lunch (subject to change)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first aid and health care to students according to district policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Makes observations about a student’s health status and makes a referral to the LSN per district guidelines or when further assessment is needed.
- Implements health care plan/emergency care plan for each student examined if an emergency condition is present.
- Administers medications to students according to school district policies, guidelines, and procedures, and as delegated by the LSN.
- Performs various screenings and tests (vision, hearing, height, and weight) for students according to Minnesota
- Department of Health guidelines.
- Provides specialized health care procedures, as delegated by the LSN. Collects, maintains, and manages student immunization information according to state immunization laws.
- Works with parents/guardians & healthcare providers to ensure progress in maintaining compliance.
- Maintains student visit and care logs, incident/accident reports, and medication administration logs.
- Maintains student health records and emergency contact information.
- Monitors and documents incidents of communicable diseases, in collaboration with the LSN, and according to district policies and guidelines.
- Provides clerical services to the Health Office – filing, copying, distributing materials, answering and monitoring phones, monitoring email.
- Maintains Health Office cleanliness; ensures that adequate and proper supplies are available.
- Contacts parents/guardians according to school district protocols.
- Make follow-up contacts with parents when important health information has been sent home.
- Creates a positive relationship with students, staff, and families and ensures efficient and satisfying interaction experiences.
- Processes, calculates, enters, and edits data entry of third-party-billing for nursing services .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates/Technical degree (Bachelors Degree preferred)
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Other experience working in the healthcare or education field
- Third-Party-Billing Knowledge & Experience
- Practical Nurse License or Registered Nurse license preferred.
- Trained in vision and hearing screening or able to be trained within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to work onsite/in person
Knowledge, Skills, and, Abilities Preferred:
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in the school environment and community
- Ability to interact effectively with students, parents, and staff members representing diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in a positive, respectful and responsive manner with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and community members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, administrators, and the general public
- Ability to assist parents in communicating with the school about their child’s needs
- Ability to follow technical oral and written instructions and follow in exact detail
- Ability to maintain accurate records, written and electronic data management systems
- Ability to maintain private student data following confidentiality & privacy standards
- Ability to report information and document information/care in an objective manner
- Ability to work within the scope of responsibilities of the position; skilled team-player attitude (willing to be part of a school team)
Working Conditions and Physical Efforts:
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities
- Work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions, exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment and exposure to bodily fluids
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The employee is exposed to infection at a greater risk than the average person.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.