Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Generalist to join our Team! The HR Generalist is responsible for performing complex HR-related duties on a professional level. Performs difficult professional and administrative work providing guidance and expertise to create a culturally inclusive and welcoming environment. Advises and assists administration and employees in the areas of staffing, onboarding, employment eligibility, performance evaluation, state and federal reporting, and personnel data administration. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the HR Director.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We stand front and center
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the recruitment and selection process for all open positions to ensure that open positions are filled timely and follow the district’s hiring standards and protocols.
- Develops strong relationships with all hiring managers to facilitate this process; collaborates with hiring managers to understand the skills and competencies required for positions.
- Creates and maintains connections with colleges, universities, and community organizations to increase the pipeline for diverse applicants.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates recruitment and selection processes utilizing best practices.
- Updates recruiting processes and sources to attract diverse applicants.
- Provides a high-quality experience for every candidate from application to onboarding.
- Coordinates orientation.
- Monitors program effectiveness and provides recommendations for change.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the use of all relevant recruitment strategies (job boards, social media, job fairs, college and university connections, etc.) for the recruitment of quality candidates.
- Processes new hire paperwork, drafts employment agreements, and updates employee records.
- Receives and processes employment changes, including resignations, terminations, and retirements.
- Monitors the hiring process to ensure an equitable and inclusive process that removes bias.
- Conducts interviews and helps facilitate interview committees as needed.
- Responds to HR-related questions from employees, supervisors, and applicants.
- Assures that proper licenses are secured for employment and resolves teacher licensure issues.
- Keeps Informed of legislative changes.
- Supports teacher licensure pathways with a focus on increasing the number of teachers of color in BCCS.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to HR procedures and practices, supporting a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-discriminatory / anti-racist school community. Identifies, recommends, and implements operational improvements to streamline internal HR processes and increase efficiency.
- Manages licensed substitutes by working with substitute agencies and monitoring absences and fill rates.
- Assists with performance management cycle process and associated training.
- Manages and supports the personnel filing systems in compliance with records retention requirements of the school district and state and federal laws.
- Provides support on all other HR-related tasks.
- Completes state and federal reports as assigned.
- Assist with the measurement and forecast of diversity-related metrics.
- Tracks and analyzes hiring and turnover data.
- Provides all data to the Director In a timely manner.
- Assists with the maintenance of job descriptions and annual staff handbook updates.
- Participates in district and/ or school committees.
- Supports employee reward and recognition programs.
- Assists with employee investigations as requested.
- Serves as the district Human Rights Officer in absence of the HR Director.
- May participate in negotiations as a note-taker and assists the director with reports and other information gathering as requested.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Knowledge of data management
- Strong knowledge of data privacy and confidentiality
- Understanding of records retention requirements
- Knowledge of school district policies and contract terms
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deliver articulate verbal presentations and written reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and the general community
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively with people of different cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a diverse, collaborative team environment, with skills in promoting cultural inclusiveness
- Ability to organize and perform work independently
- Ability to layout and type complex forms and tables
- Ability to be self-directed; highly skilled in attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks at once while dealing with constant interruptions
- Skilled in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret laws, regulations, and contracts.
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits
Duty Days: 12 months, Full-time
Qualifications: Associates degree. Human Resources, Business Administration or similar field.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance with an option of Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.