Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking positive and energetic applicants to join our Secondary team in the role of Educational Assistant (EL /EA) (Instructional/Multilingual Student Support) for the 2020-2021 school year. Under general supervision, serves as an assistant and resource to teachers in the supervision, teaching, observation, and training of students, helping students to learn the English language. EL EAs assist and engage in the preparation and assembling of teaching materials and do other related work as required.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools. We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports classroom teachers in delivering the instructional program to English Language Learners; communicates with a student in student’s primary language as required.
- Assists and works independently in maintaining order among students in the classroom and on school grounds.
- Assists and engages in preparing teaching materials; assists with cumulative and other record keeping.
- Assists with student records as directed by a teacher and/or administrator.
- Attends to English Language Learners’ physical and emotional needs in the classroom; under the direction of professional staff, provides guidance and referral to appropriate agencies.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of books and teaching aids.
- Confers as needed with teachers concerning programs and material to meet the needs of English Language
- Learners; may participate in student-related conferences, school-parent meetings, telephone communications, and home visits.
- Supervises groups of students in the library/media center or other special activities.
- Assists with various classroom projects.
- May travel from site to site and/or room to room to provide services for English Learners.
- Under appropriate supervision, conducts the activities of the classroom.
- Attends to other English Learners’ school needs such as: arranging transportation, making conference appointments, assisting with completing forms and applications.
- Translates written materials relating to the educational program of English Learners being assisted.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and, Abilities Preferred:
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, both orally and in written form
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, officials, associates, parents, and the general public.
Qualifications: Associates Degree or 60 credits graduate level; Experience working as an educational or teacher’s assistant, paraprofessional, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Pay and Benefits: Start at $14.56/ hour, more based on qualifications. Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 171 duty days (school year position), 6.5 hours/day
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.