Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking positive and energetic applicants to join our Secondary team in the role of Educational Assistant (EL /EA) (Instructional/Multilingual Student Support) for the 2020-2021 school year. Under general supervision, the EL /EA will serve as an assistant and resource to teachers in the supervision, teaching, observation, and training of students, helping them learn the English language. EL /EAs assist and engage in preparing and assembling teaching materials and doing other related work as required.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person’s intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one’s higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity, and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools, and community benefit all.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports classroom teachers in delivering instructional program to English Language Learners; communicates with student in student’s primary language as required.
- Assists and works independently in maintaining order among students in the classroom and on school grounds.
- Assists and engages in preparing teaching materials; assists with cumulative and other record keeping.
- Assists with student records as directed by a teacher and/or administrator.
- Attends to English Language Learners’ physical and emotional needs in the classroom; under the direction of professional staff, provides guidance and referral to appropriate agencies.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of books and teaching aids.
- Confers as needed with teachers concerning programs and material to meet the needs of English Language Learners; may participate in student-related conferences, school-parent meetings, telephone communications, and home visits.
- Supervises groups of students in the library/media center or other special activities.
- Assists with various classroom projects.
- May travel from site to site and/or room to room to provide services for English Learners.
- Under appropriate supervision, conducts the activities of the classroom.
- Attends to other English Learners’ school needs such as: arranging transportation, making conference appointments, assisting with completing forms and applications.
- Translates written materials relating to the educational program of English Learners being assisted.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and, Abilities
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, both orally and in written form
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, officials, associates, parents, and the general public
Qualifications: Associates Degree or 60 credits graduate level; Experience working as an educational or teacher’s assistant, paraprofessional, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Pay and Benefits: Start at $14.56/ hour, more based on qualifications. Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 171 duty days (school year position), 6.5 hours/day
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts. Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.