Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our district as a Speech-Language Pathologist. BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Brooklyn Center Community Schools endeavors to be a collective who demonstrates passion, pride and perseverance.
We will fiercely lead the way in justice-centered education, striving against the permanence of racism and oppressive systems while embracing a future where our diversity fuels learning.
With every breath in our bodies, every ounce of influence we possess, and through every challenge, we stand front and center with the young people we love and serve.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide therapeutic intervention for students with speech/language, processing, and social language disorders. This includes both direct and indirect services.
- Work with students exhibiting the full range of communication disorders, including those involving language, articulation, fluency, voice/ resonance, and swallowing.
- Address personal, social/ emotional, academic, and vocational needs that have an impact on the attainment of educational goals.
- Offer assistance in addressing linguistic and metalinguistic foundations in curriculum learning for students with disabilities, as well as other learners who are at risk or struggle in school settings.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. activity logs, correspondence, memos, treatment plans,
- Medicaid billings, reports.
- Prepares a wide variety of required documentation, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provides speech and language therapy to students for the purpose of minimizing the adverse impact of speech and language disorders on student success.
- Provides quality culturally competent services.
- Encourages students to think independently, develop and express original ideas.
- Evaluates student progress; maintains appropriate records; prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with students, student counselors, and parents through conferences and other means.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education and self-selected professional books and instructional materials.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional materials.
- Orders instructional supplies and materials.
- Participates in curriculum development programs, faculty committees, and student activity sponsorship as required.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Staff: Collaborative with all stakeholder groups; Demonstrates a growth mindset with students; Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff; Focused on creating equitable classrooms and schools; Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction; Evidence of data-driven instructional decision making; Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families; Ability to differentiate for all learners; Professional and collegial; Experience with instructional technology integration and assistive technology to support high levels of student access and engagement.
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Duty Days: 197, Incliudes 8 paid holidays!
Qualifications: Current license in Pre-K -12 Speech and Language Pathology issued by Minnesota Department of Education, as well as, eligibility for an American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association Clinical Fellowship, or the CCC certification.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts. Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.