Website Centennial School District
Preschool Teacher- Updated 2023
Blue Heron Elementary School
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings.
Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
Job Description: Preschool Teacher
Provide high-quality early childhood education to children ages 3 and 4 in our part-day
Centennial Preschool program. Applicants should demonstrate a love for teaching, passion for
serving early childhood students and families, and ability to successfully communicate with
parents and fellow staff members.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
· Holds current, valid Minnesota Teaching License preferred but not required
· Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Child and Family Studies, or other programs of similar focus and content
· Knowledge of and commitment to community education mission
· Demonstrates customer and human relations skills
· Demonstrates employment experience in preschool setting
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments
· Skill in use of computers
· Demonstrated writing, planning and organizational skills
· Maintain current First Aid and CPR certifications
· Knowledge of curriculum, and assessment tools
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, hear, operate a computer and other office
equipment, reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30
pounds. Position may require a significant amount of walking or standing in order to work
directly with children.
Salary and Benefits: Salary according to the Kids Club Contract.
1. Promote and communicate a positive image of Centennial Schools and the
Community Education department with internal and external customers and assist in
2. Demonstrates regular attendance, arrives on time, follows work schedule correctly.
3. Using district and program instructional procedures, provide preschool education
to children in the assigned classroom. This includes implementation of
social-emotional strategies and supports, assessment, curriculum, and instruction
4. Supervise support staff including effectively training, scheduling, and evaluating
assistant site managers/paras, workers, and subs.
5. Serve as an active member of a self-directed work team overseeing site-based
day-to-day operations of preschool programs. Share the responsibilities with support
staff to build a team concept.
6. Assist in implementation and evaluation of site programs. Assist in setting and
working to achieve program goals based on yearly parent survey results.
7. Assist in development and implementation of field trips and on-site activities
throughout the year, and special events district-wide.
8. Assist in planning and implementation of a preschool program in accordance with
policies, philosophies and goals of the Community Education Early Childhood and
Centennial School District.
9. Provide leadership to children and work and interact with children in a caring,
positive, supportive and respectful manner on a daily basis.
10. Design and maintain a safe and stimulating environment and determine effective
use of facilities and equipment.
11. Develop strong relationships with children to promote learning and partnerships
with parents/caregivers to promote family engagement; conduct parent-teacher
conferences, open house and on-going communication with families.
12. Accommodate all special needs issues effectively and appropriately in partnership
with Early Childhood Special Education.
13. Collaborate with district lead and kindergarten teachers to ensure pre-K and K
14. Collaborate with parent educators who plan and implement parent education
opportunities for families
15. Keep program records and prepare monthly reports for the Preschool
16. Attend professional development provided by the district and program, including
workshops, presentations, coaching sessions, staff meetings, implement the learning
in instructional practice
17. Perform other related functions or additional duties as assigned by KC Preschool
Coordinator, the Director of Community Education or other designated
Reports to: Preschool Coordinator
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
Evaluation Coordinator: Preschool Coordinator
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants must apply online at www.isd12.org. Click on “Employment” at the upper right of the page to begin the applications process. Applications accepted until position is filled and posting is removed.
Centennial School District #12
4707 North Road
Circle Pines, MN 55014
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.