Website Centennial School District
Occupational Therapist- Elementary
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, the district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings.
Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
POSITION: Occupational Therapist – 1.0 FTE
Centennial Elementary School 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Starting August 21, 2023
● Frequent collaboration with lead teachers, case managers and classroom teachers in conducting evaluations to determine the need for occupational therapy services within the school settng.
● Atendance of special education staff meetings, IEP meetings and Evaluation meetings.
● Regular consultation with the district Physical Therapist (PT), Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) and members of the motor team.
● Collaboration with other occupational therapists (OTs,) in the district to support continuity of services.
● Program planning for individual students to assist in the creation of occupational therapy goals.
● Communication with parents regarding services provided by occupational therapy including individual student progress.
● Provide exceptional occupational therapy services to students.
● Maintain records including student IEP records.
● Third Party Billing for students who receive services and qualify for Medical Assistance.
● Supervision of a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
WORK CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
● Must be a fully licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of MN.
● Be able to demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and effective development.
● Willingness to adapt to becoming part of a total school effort in educating our students.
● Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, students and parents in providing and promoting positive relationships.
● Be of the highest integrity with a strong commitment to modeling excellence in all aspects of the teacher/student/parent relationships.
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
WAGES: Consistent with the current Teachers’ Master Agreement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Click on “Employment” at the upper right of our website at www.isd12.org and complete an application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and posting is taken down.
Application materials can be submited to:
HR Specialist Centennial School District 12
4707 North Road, Circle Pines, MN 55014
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.