Website DeLaSalle High School
Primary Function (Purpose of Position): The Director of College Counseling will organize, oversee, and evaluate all aspects of the comprehensive college counseling program.
Ethical Standards: Employees of DeLaSalle High School must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of DeLaSalle High School. Their personal behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church, nor can it embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. Although specific positions may not require the employee to be of the Catholic faith, it is expected that all employees respect the Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practices of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
● Support college search process through individual meetings with students, parents and, as needed, other faculty members
● Coordinate educational events for students and parents to support the college placement process on topics such as standardized testing, college visits and interviews, financial aid and career options
● In coordination with Principal, Assistant Principal and school counselors, advise students on course selection and consequences in college selection process
● Provide assistance to students in areas of registration and scheduling of standardized tests
● Guide students in the application process: writing letters of recommendation, reviewing application and oversight of student progress in the process
● Oversee and guide the faculty writing of requested recommendations for students applying to college.
● Assist seniors/parents in understanding post-secondary financial aid processes
● Review and evaluate college counseling program on an annual basis
● Provide colleges with appropriate documentation in a timely manner
● Provide colleges with appropriate information about DeLaSalle such as its philosophy, organization and programs
● Visit campuses to establish and maintain relationships and keep them abreast of our school programs
● Invite to campus and host college admissions officers
● Represent DeLaSalle and its students through active participation in college counseling professional organizations and take a leadership role in meetings, committees and workshops
● Stay current with trends in college admission, higher education and national testing
● Generate reports as directed by the Administration
● Serve on the school Administrative Team
● Establish and maintain budget and approve expenditures from college counseling budget
Other Responsibilities: Additional responsibilities identified as needed by employer and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
● Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
● Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in college counseling
● Knowledge of post-high school academic and career opportunities and experience with higher education admissions processes
● Knowledge of educational and adolescent issues, as well as an understanding of the instruction and learning environment
● Knowledge and experience with all aspects of the college placement process including standardized testing, financial aid, application process requirements and deadlines
● Knowledge and experience with current technology (Naviance) willingness to remain current with technological advances
Expected Job Requirements:
▪ Must be dependable and punctual
▪ Excellent customer service skills.
▪ Ability to thrive in a team environment.
▪ Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
▪ Strong interpersonal skills.
▪ Able to work alone without supervision, obtaining direction when appropriate and possess the ability to collaborate with and support other staff as directed.
▪ Manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
▪ Perform all duties in a manner that promotes the mission of DeLaSalle High School
▪ Able to work 40+ hours per week or whatever is required for that time of year – including weekend and evening work.
▪ Lift and move using proper techniques up to 40 pounds, including small office equipment and materials.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.