Website DeLaSalle High School
Position: Long-Term Substitute – Social Studies Teacher
Direct Reports: N/A
Provides Work Direction to: N/A
Receives Work Direction from: Principal, President, Substitute Coordinator
Purpose of Position: The primary responsibility of this role is to be a flexible Long-Term Substitute Teacher who will teach Government and AP Government as well as covering other classes as needed. As a Substitute Teacher, you will play a crucial role in maintaining continuity in the learning process when regular teachers are absent. This role requires adaptability, strong communication skills, and a commitment to fostering a positive learning environment.
Ethical Standards: Employees of DeLaSalle High School must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of DeLaSalle High School. Their personal behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church, nor can it embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. Although specific positions may not require the employee to be of the Catholic faith, it is expected that all employees respect the Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practices of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
1. Classroom Instruction:
- Deliver engaging and effective classroom instruction in Government and AP Government classes, ensuring adherence to the established curriculum.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and critical thinking.
- Differentiate instructions to meet the diverse needs of students and facilitate a deep understanding of the subject matter.
2. Classroom Management:
- Establish and maintain a positive and respectful classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Implement consistent and fair classroom management practices, emphasizing a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Effectively address behavioral issues and provide constructive feedback to students.
3. Curriculum Implementation/Development:
- Collaborate with the Social Studies department to review and enhance existing curriculum materials.
- Develop and implement effective teaching strategies and assessment methods to measure student progress.
- Stay abreast of educational trends and incorporate relevant resources to enhance the learning experience.
4. Professional Development:
- Engage in ongoing professional development opportunities to stay current with best practices in teaching and social studies education.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share ideas and strategies for improving instruction.
- Communicate with regular teachers and school staff regarding classroom activities and any issues that may arise
- Attend department meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school-related events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field is preferred.
- Teaching certification or working towards one.
- Prior experience teaching Government and AP Government at the high school level is highly desirable.
- Strong classroom management skills and the ability to engage students effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
District Application Guidelines
To apply, candidates should address a letter of interest to Mr. Brian Edel, Principal and email application materials including letter, current resume, and application to [email protected]. The form is found on this page.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.