Website Hudson School District (WI) #2611
To perform all necessary psychological services to the students as identified as essential functions.
• Conduct individual student assessments which may include the areas of intelligence, academic achievement, perceptual skills, social/emotional development and social/adaptive skills.
• Prepare written psychoeducational reports.
• Use assessment data to help develop educational programs for students.
Student Support Team Participation:
• Participate on student support teams to develop and evaluate pre-referral interventions.
• Assist with implementation of interventions when appropriate.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of school efforts and follow-up if unsuccessful.
• Consult with teachers and administrators regarding student behavior, social concerns, and academic achievement in order to develop strategies to meet the student’s educational needs.
• Consult with parents to assist them in understanding child development and to develop strategies to address their concerns.
• Assist regular and special education teachers with classroom academic and behavior management plans.
• Identify appropriate outside resources for parents and teachers.
• Provide relevant staff development and parent training.
Student Services Team Collaboration:
• Collaborate with Student Services Team members to develop and implement student programs.
• Assist in the organization and evaluation of the Student Services Team as implemented at the building and District levels.
• Provide brief student interventions to improve social/emotional development, alleviate situational stressors and assist with academic difficulties.
• Conduct screenings to determine if other interventions may be appropriate.
• Intervene with students and consult with parents, staff, and other outside agencies when students evidence suicidal ideation, gesturing or attempts.
• Collaborate with other Student Service Team members and building administrators relative to student issues of abuse/harassment.
Due Process Coordination (IDEA, 504 and Child Study):
• Maintain knowledge of current law and practice relative to special education/504 due process procedures.
• Assure compliance with due process procedures from referral through placement.
• Chair IEP/Child Study meetings and complete IEP/Child Study report and other associated paperwork.
• Provide inservice to staff addressing current due process requirements and practices.
• Communicating professionally and respectfully with students, staff, parents, and community members, using oral, written, and electronic means.
• Attending work regularly.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
1. WI DPI license commensurate with the specific assignment.
2. Experience in the field of school psychology preferred.
This work regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, speaking, hearing and occasionally requires pushing, pulling, lifting, and operating machines; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. school offices/classrooms/passageways).
8/22/22- 11/11/22, 7.5 hours/day
District Application Guidelines
All applicants must apply using the WECAN system. Please visit the following link for additional information:
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.