Website Lakeville Area Schools
Lakeville Area Schools (Independent School District No. 194) is an award-winning school system located in the south metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota. The district serves approximately 11,500 students in Lakeville, parts of Burnsville and Elko New Market, and portions of Eureka, Credit River and New Market Township. There are eight elementary schools, three middle schools and two high schools, an Area Learning Center, an online K-12 school, Early Childhood programming, and lifelong learning opportunities through Community Education. Our vision is to inspire a passion for learning in every student. Our mission is to strive to ensure success for every student personally, socially, academically and civically.
Assists Superintendent, Board of Education Members, and District Executive Team by performing executive assistant duties to facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the Superintendent’s office and Board of Education. Fulfills the legal responsibilities assigned to the Secretary of the Board of Education and assists the members of the Board of Education in carrying out their legal responsibilities.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Assists the superintendent in general administrative operations of the superintendent’s office. Assists in all matters of directing, coordinating, and communicating with leaders and staff as directed by the superintendent. Provides administrative assistance to Executive Director of Administrative Services to support Cabinet management and coordination activities.
- Drafts columns, articles, correspondence, reports, etc., for the superintendent, as assigned. Prepares reviews and/or edits reports, articles and other documents for the superintendent and, as appropriate, for board members and other administrators.
- Maintains district policies, regulations, and procedures and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Supervises school district election, including hiring and training judges, setting up polling sites, overseeing Election Day activities, maintaining budget and taking other actions necessary to comply with election laws and regulations.
- Develops and maintains budget for the office of the superintendent.
- Serves as the secretary to the School Board attending all scheduled meetings, responsible for recording the
- minutes of School Board proceedings, and publishing same as required by law.
Collects and disseminates all materials to prepare and maintain the Board of Education Online Board Meeting site and links to district site.
- Prepares meetings led by the superintendent (as specified by the superintendent).
- Compiles statistics, and conducts research and studies as assigned by the superintendent.
- Supplies information requested through questionnaires and surveys and other methods to other school districts, teachers, colleges, government agencies, etc. as directed by the superintendent.
- Schedules and coordinates special activities, programs and processes as assigned by the superintendent.
- Reports regularly to the superintendent on any development or problem within the district coming to his/her attention and requiring the superintendent’s awareness or action.
- Registers Superintendent, Board members and administrators as needed for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 3-5 years experience in an executive administrative assistant level or other relevant experience.
- Superior administrative assistant skills including proficient use of technology including Google Apps, MS: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, AdobePro and internet based programs.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with people in a positive and effective manner, customer focused
- Well organized and capable of carrying out tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and open to growth with changes that are executed
- Basic knowledge of Minnesota laws pertaining to education
- Working knowledge of District policies & Parliamentary procedures
- Practices problem solving, sound judgment, critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US:
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Long-Term
- Disability Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 403(b) Plan & matching
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
District Application Guidelines
apply on district website
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.