Website Lakeville Area Schools
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs the entire operation of the Student Nutrition program. Integrates programs and personnel, ensuring safety, quality and consistency in the efficient delivery of nutritious meals and related services. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations. Plans and oversees all budgetary aspects of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:Effectively plans menus to optimize student participation and effectively utilize staffing while meeting nutritional, safety, budgetary, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements and manages the Student Nutrition Program budget in a manner consistent with District fiscal policies and including short and longer-term goal setting, developing budget categories, recommending service pricing, projecting the balance of revenues and expenses, projecting capital outlays, and regular reporting to the District on Program utilization and results.
- Promotes a successful workforce through managing cook managers who in turn supervise the employees in the Student Nutrition Program. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
– recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating employees
– planning, assigning and directing work
– setting staff ratios
– developing productivity standards
– maintaining job descriptions
– appraising performance
– rewarding and disciplining employees; and terminating employees
– addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Effectively determines specifications for food and non-food items to meet the nutritional, quality, performance and financial parameters of the program.
- Efficiently manages the successful procurement of food, supplies and equipment to effectively utilize purchasing systems, government programs and other available resources.
– Ensures the efficient and cost-effective delivery of supplies through implementation and monitoring of a prime vendor agreement.
– Meets with brokers to remain updated on product information.
– Prepares and oversees bids.
- Ensures data accuracy and student privacy through directing computer management systems including point of sale accountability, inventory, production, student file management, nutrition analysis and financial reporting.
- Accurately manages a menu planning system that drives nutrient analysis, school production records, grocery ordering and diabetic care management .
- Actively monitors the performance of schools by visiting sites, observing programs and providing feedback and guidance in optimizing quality service. Conducts meetings appropriate to staff needs.
- Monitors student participation, staff productivity and the financial performance of schools providing feedback to managers and adjusting as necessary to achieve improvement.
- Completes all applications for federal, state and local funds for school milk, breakfast and lunch programs and manages the administration of CNP grants and studies. Reviews and recommends changes to meet compliance with governmental regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes positive public relations with students and the community through educational, communication and marketing opportunities.
- Advances staff performance through overseeing and administering staff development and certification.
- Maintains program policy procedures and establishes standards to insure CNP nutrition integrity, sanitation, health, safety and efficiency.
- Effectively manages the commodity food program by accurately forecasting commodity needs and preparing orders to meet needs; manage distribution and control inventory.
- Ensures customer & employee safety through the effective implementation of health department, OSHA and other regulatory regulations. Oversees correction plans for regulatory corrective action orders.
- Effectively oversees an a la carte program that complies with nutritional and financial regulatory requirements.
- Ensures compliance with ADA regulations, IEPs and 504 plans through administering care plans.
- Facilitates successful conflict resolution with the community, within the district and among staff.
- Participates in professional organizations; attends meetings and conferences to enhance professional growth and improve program performance.
- Consults with school planners and architects on design and layout of food service facilities in new, renovated and repurposed buildings.
- Supports and promotes student and staff wellness initiatives.
- Establishes an effective communication relationship with the Board of Education, parents, community groups and committees to promote the health and educational benefits of the school nutrition program.
- Oversees annual mandatory training programs.
- Evaluates new products and services, keeping up to date on current trends in delivering up to date goods and services to customers.
- Actively maintains updated electronic marketing information on district website and other electronic delivery forms as appropriate.
- Facilitates the safe delivery of special diet orders by evaluating Special Diet Order Statements and processing as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Specific training or job experience required before appointment):
- Bachelor degree in food service management required or related field; Certified Food Service Manager Certificate; Licensed/Registered Dietitian preferred; American School Food Service Association Level 3 Certificate preferred.
- Three to five years related experience in institutional foodservice management.
- Proficiency with computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, financial analysis,
nutrient analysis and computerized accountability payment systems.
- Managerial skills including planning, budgeting, supervision, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team collaboration.
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US:
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D and Long-Term
- Disability Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 403(b) Plan & matching
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.