Website Meeker/Wright Special Ed Coop
Meeker & Wright Special Education Cooperative #0938
Date Posted: 6/13/2022
Position Title: Program Paraprofessional
Assignment Location: Journeys Program in Howard Lake
Hours per Day: 7
Schedule: Para: 177 day contract per school calendar
Anticipated Start Date: FAll 2022
Salary: Placement per the MSEA contract for Paras / COTAs, based on applicable experience
The Special Education Paraprofessional works with students assigned to the special education program or service, under the direction of the licensed staff and performs duties to support the program in general.
This includes, but is not limited to providing data-driven instructional support, personal care and behavioral assistance to students with special needs. Depending on student needs, responsibilities and duties may involve assisting and guiding students daily living skills, implementing behavior plans and /or monitoring and enforcing appropriate skills in accordance with instructional lesson plans and student Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
The Journeys program is located at the MAWSECO Education Center in Howard Lake and serves children with behavioral needs in grades K-4. It is a multi-district program and is managed by Meeker & Wright Special Education Cooperative. Journeys serves young students with behavioral needs that cannot be met within their home school district. Students receive academic classes, social, and life skills which are individualized to foster learning and successful interactions with peers and adults. Students are recommended for these services by their IEP team and with the approval of district administration. The students reintegrate, as appropriate, back to their home school as recommended by the IEP team.
MAWSECO is an agency of seven-member school districts (Annandale, Dassel-Cokato, Delano, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, Litchfield, Maple Lake and Rockford) that have joined together to provide services in the area of special education. The mission of the Cooperative is to provide quality special education leadership, services, and support to its seven-member school districts’ staff, students and families as well as other agencies/districts that purchase its services. The MAWSECO central office is located in Howard Lake, MN which is west of the metro and south of St. Cloud.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires a MN driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.