Website Minnehaha Academy
Full-time, 11-months (August – June)
This position exists to create and maintain a positive and productive culture and environment where all Preschool – 5th grade Lower School students thrive. The focus of this position is on student growth in the areas of social-emotional, relational, behavioral, and spiritual development.
Skills, Disposition, and Aptitudes
- Ability to integrate Biblical principles, Scripture, and prayer into the daily work
- Ability to handle confidential student information
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work effectively with teachers to support student needs
- Calm and steady presence, ability to enter into and diffuse student situations, ability to help regulate students to re-engage in classroom activities
- Ability to deliver firm, yet loving, messages to students and families
- Ability to engage positively in challenging conversations with families, ability to establish strong and productive partnerships
- Ability to implement proactive strategies that support student growth and success in the classroom
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to immediate needs
- Dependable and reliable
Areas of Responsibility
- Shape and oversee Lower School student culture, Minnehaha student expectations* and accountability
- Collaborate with the Counselor and Principal to deliver monthly Lower School Redhawk Rallies
- Collaborate with the Principal, Director of Faith Formation, and others to create and offer student leadership opportunities, service opportunities, morning announcements, and special events
- Collaborate with the Principal and others to identify areas of need for professional development, training, and resource management
- Participate in the Admissions process and mid-year transfer family onboarding
- Serve on multiple Lower School teams, including the Student Support Team, Crisis Management Team, and Team Leaders
- Greet students as they enter at the beginning of the day
- Handle daily Preschool-5th grade discipline matters with a Biblical restorative approach, including family communication and partnership
- Collaborate with teachers regarding classroom management plans and implementation
- Create, communicate, and implement behavior plans for students as needed
- Make recommendations to the Lower School Principal for suspensions and expulsions
- Annually review policies and student handbook, ensure ongoing fidelity to school policies and protocols
- Provide onboarding and training for new faculty regarding school policies and protocols
Lower School Operations
- Create Master schedule
- Coordinate report card process
- Coordinate and communicate ongoing calendar / schedule
- Manage the carline process at dismissal to promote efficiency and ensure student safety
* RACERS Student Expectations:
Respect: Showing care for God, others, property, and myself
Attitude: Choosing the way I think or feel towards work and others
Cooperation: Working together to create community
Effort: Trying my best in all things
Responsibility: Using what I know to make good choices
Self-control: Managing my actions and words
Minimum 3 years teaching experience
Minimum 2 years school leadership experience
Preferred minimum 2 years administrative experience
District Application Guidelines
Learn more about Minnehaha Academy and apply on-line by visiting our website at www.minnehahaacademy.net, please also attach your resume to the application.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.