Website Mn State Academies for the Deaf & Blind
The incumbent in this position will assist the Academy for the Blind in providing music therapy instruction for blind/visually impaired students. The primary function is to meet the educational established IEP objectives of the students in attendance at MSAB
Minnesota State Academies is a K-12 residential school for deaf/hard of hearing youth, blind/visually impaired youth and deaf/blind youth. The School Year typically begins the end of August and ends the first week of June. There is also the possibility of a couple of weeks of work in the summer during summer school programming.
This position will plan, direct and provide a music therapy program for students at MSAB. Work involves using music therapeutically to address students’ physical, psychological, cognitive, behavioral and/or social functioning.
The position is an integral part of the interdisciplinary team that coordinates programming designed to meet the specific needs of the student.
- Master’s degree in music therapy or a related music field OR a BA/BS + 40 additional credits and maintain a license in an applicable therapeutic field.
Experience working with students in grade levels K-12 and developing a music therapy program to address students' physical, psychological, cognitive, behavioral and/or social functioning.
Knowledge of relevant music and materials, goals and objectives of music therapy
Accomplished in the use of instruments and voice.
Experience with assistive technology for students with disabilities.
Board Certification in Music Therapy or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Knowledge of Braille Competency
Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds (with assistance) and be able to sit, stand, walk throughout the workday.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Employment is contingent upon criminal background check results.
Salary Range: $32.20 - $48.43 / hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 215 - SRSEA
FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional
District Application Guidelines
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.mn.gov/careers
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kerry Vigesaa at [email protected] or 507-384-6604.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Kerry Vigesaa at [email protected].
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.