Website Mn State Academies for the Deaf & Blind
Job Class: Special Teacher: Master Of Arts/Masters Of Science
Working Title: Special Teacher-Social Worker
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
This is a ten month per year position; the work schedule follows the school calendar. This position is being posted for internal bidders and for outside applicants simultaneously; this job is first open to employees of this agency who are in the Special Teacher classification and possess School Social Worker licensure and are eligible to bid. Other qualified applicants will be considered if there are no eligible bidders.
The incumbent in this position will function as a school social worker and provide direct and indirect counseling services to students at the Minnesota State Academies; to provide consultative services to educational and residential staff and parents.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.
· A valid Minnesota license in School Social Work from the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
· Must have excellent counseling practices, excellent human relations skills, knowledge and skills working with K-12 students.
· Must show professional integrity, maintain code of professional ethics, and handles confidentiality appropriately and professionally.
· Knowledge and skills in working with deaf/hard of hearing and/or blind/visually impaired and/or deaf/blind students.
· American Sign Language (ASL) skills and the ability to reach the desired rating level within timelines established in the MSA policy
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with assistance) and be able to sit, stand, walk throughout the workday
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Successful completion of the criminal background check.
Employees driving on MSA business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MSA’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Salary Range: $32.20 - $48.43/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 215 - Residential Schools Education/SRSEA
FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
District Application Guidelines
How to Apply
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
If you have questions about the position, contact Kerry Vigesaa at [email protected] or 507/384-6604.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.