Mn State Academies for the Deaf & Blind
Job Class: State Program Administrator, Intermediate
Working Title: School Information Systems Specialist
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/12/2022
Closing Date: 02/03/2022
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Mn State Academies / Mn State Academies-MAPE
Division/Unit: Minnesota State Academies / MSA Administration
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $22.94 – $33.30/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The purpose of this position is to ensure that our school information systems and related data bases are established and utilized properly to support the operations of our school, including training and support for staff on both campuses of the Minnesota State Academies. This position maintains and supports media inventory, audio-visual needs, and computer applications for classrooms, meeting spaces, and events. This position also supports our website and other platforms necessary for communications, live streaming, online forms, and other projects as assigned.
Who We Are:
For over 150 years, the Minnesota State Academies has provided educational services to Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind and blind/visually impaired students who range in age from birth to 21. The Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf (MSAD) and the Minnesota State Academy for the Blind (MSAB) are statewide public schools with dormitory options that serves students from all regions of the state. Our teachers are professionally trained and licensed in Deaf/Hard of Hearing and blind/visually impaired education.
The MSAD and MSAB campuses are located in the community of Faribault, Minnesota, only 40 minutes south of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Our campuses have a mixture of historical and modern buildings, and are designed with our students’ individual needs in mind. MSAD and MSAB are only a mile apart, and both campuses often share resources and facilities. The small-town environment and family atmosphere help students, parents and staff feel safe and welcome.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.
· Completion of a post-secondary program related to Information Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Base Administration, or a related field
· Knowledge and experience in managing school/student information systems. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel required.
· Demonstrates the ability to provide training and support for other employees related to use of different data base systems and applications. Able to provide training individually or in small/large groups.
· Knowledge and skills in utilizing data base information to develop specialized reports and transfer information between data base systems. Demonstrates ability to develop forms and basic data collection systems for internal use.
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential. Must be detail oriented, organized, and capable of working independently as well as collaborating with outside agencies, schools, and company representatives.
· Strong relationship-building skills - able to relate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and parents/families. Possess the ability to effectively communicate.
· Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
· Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Information Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Base Administration, or a related field
· 3 or more years of experience working with data base programs.
· Experience with Minnesota State Reporting System (MARSS/EdFi) and student information database systems.
· Knowledge of ASL
· Expertise in use of media equipment
· Ability to sit and stand throughout the day
· Ability to lift 50 pounds with assistance
This position requires successful completion of the following:
· Criminal background check
· Ability to obtain required ASL and/or Braille certification (classes held on campus)
· Employees driving on MSA business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MSA’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Successful completion of the criminal background check.
Employees driving on MSA business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MSA’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Salary Range: $22.94 - $33.30/hourly
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
District Application Guidelines
How to Apply
We only allow applicants to apply online. Go to https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ click on external applicants, select view all jobs, and then sign in if you have an account. If you do not have an account, select new user. Look for Mn State Academies Job #48782 State Program Administrator, Intermediate classification title; School Information Systems Specialist working title, and follow the instructions to apply online.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.