Job summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning through level one technical services that support accessible, equitable and user-friendly systems with training that supports all users to effectively and efficiently achieve the district mission. Osseo Area Schools is Minnesota’s 5th largest school district. This position will be a part of the Instructional and Informational Technology Team (I2T2) which provides technical support to approximately 21,000 students and 3,000 staff members across 31 site locations. This includes the management of approximately 9,000 classroom/staff computers and 21,000 student mobile devices. With support from technical support specialists, repair technicians, network administrators and school staff, this position works to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with technology services.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Provide first-level installation, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance on all computing devices and peripheral classroom hardware and equipment, including network connections
- Provide first-level technical support using procedures and tools established by District-Level Technical Support;
- Document daily activities in the work order system and escalate to second level as needed;
- Provide training and instruction in the use of classroom, mobile, and instructional technologies;
- Provide inventory of hardware and software as requested; and,
- Perform other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Communicates effectively and confidently, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency to troubleshoot hardware, software and explain current technology to end-users
- Ability to use a variety of operating systems, including Windows, ChromeOS, and iOS.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests via telephone, help desk software, and email
- Ability to travel to different sites during the workday.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Strong customer service orientation – dedication to customer needs; understanding the customer’s sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Excellent organizational skills in prioritizing and documenting needs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility, resilience, and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to collaborate effectively
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working in a K-12 school setting
- Proficiency in a language other than English (Spanish, Somali, Hmong, Vietnamese)
Work schedule: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week;
Job type or FTE: full-time; school year (260/261 days/year)
Bargaining unit: Educational Support Professional
Desired start date: October 24, 2022
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Mentorship programs for teachers and educational support professionals
- Summer opportunities and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.