Providing the highest caliber of academic & artistic education
Basic Function of the Position:
The Special Education Paraprofessional’s primary function is to implement assigned tasks during the school year in conjunction with the student’s Individual Educational Plan (IEP). Under supervision, Special Education paraprofessionals perform a variety of instructional activities as directed by a licensed teacher.
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is familiar with the special education needs of each student as noted in the student’s IEP.
- Is familiar with the goals and objectives of each student as noted in the student’s IEP.
- Keeps all student information strictly confidential and communicates with appropriate personnel.
- Follows assigned daily schedule.
- Communicates with special education teacher if assigned student is absent, or no students will be in the testing room to receive an alternate classroom assignment.
- Assists in implementation of students’ behavior plans.
- Assists in implementation of IEP accommodations.
- Monitors students and provides test accommodations in the testing room.
- Assists individual or small groups of special education students in practicing or reviewing previously learned techniques or strategies.
- Enforces school rules and communicates with appropriate personnel. This includes requiring special education students to use the stairs and not the elevator, unless elevator use is specified as an accommodation in the IEP.
- Participates in or provides input for meetings when requested.
- Follow all district procedures and policies for maintaining a healthy and safe environment for students and staff.
- Photocopies and prepares materials as assigned.
- Behave and speak in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow district standards in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of instructional efforts.
- High School Diploma required
- Highly Qualified status required
- Two year post-secondary training preferred
- May need to lift, pull and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds
- Computer skills preferred (MS Suite, Google Docs)
Competitive Salary and Benefits
District Application Guidelines
Where to Apply
- Please submit an online application through the link to our Applitrack Posting (Job ID 263). Select the red "Apply" button in the top right corner.
- If you have questions or require assistance with our application, please contact us via email at [email protected], or call us at 651-290-2225.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.