River Falls School District is seeking an passionate, enthusiastic, and collaborative leader to serve as Director of Academic Services. This full-time, permanent position begins on July 1, 2023.
The Director of Academic Services is responsible for leading district educational programming. This includes, but is not limited to, curriculum development, instructional leadership, assessment coordination, and instructional data analysis.
The Director of Academic Services works collaboratively with the administrative team and Board of Education to:
* Develop and implement the District’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
* Identify District priorities in curriculum, instruction, and staff development.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have strong human relations skills.
* Understand professional learning communities; effective instruction; and curriculum development.
* Communicate, present information, and respond to questions effectively.
* Handle stressful situations, organize and maintain numerous details, and work independently.
* Hold or have the ability to obtain a School Director of Instruction and Principal license issued by the State of Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
Essential responsibilities include:
* Act as adviser to the District Superintendent on all questions relating to curriculum, assessment, and instructional affairs of the District.
* Serve as the District Assessment Coordinator (DAC).
* Oversee gifted-talented opportunities; English language programming; River Falls eSchool; and federal/state Grants (excluding IDEA).
* Guide staff in the selection of instructional materials and resources, their modification and revision.
* Manage curriculum resource adoption in alignment with other budgeting priorities.
The top candidate will be offered a competitive salary and a strong benefits package which includes tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance co-paid by the school district and employee, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance.
District Application Guidelines
Applications only accepted through WECAN
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.