River Falls School District is seeking an organized and collaborative leader to serve as Director of Finance and Facilities Management. This full-time, permanent position begins on/about January 1, 2023.
Director of Finance and Facilities Management is responsible for:
* District accounting, financial, investment and business functions;
* Facilities planning, acquisition, and maintenance
Essential responsibilities include:
* Manage long-range and short-range budget projections.
* Supervise day-to-day financial operations of district, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, annual audit, inventory, and pupil count.
* Oversee issuance and management of district debt in conformity with applicable laws and regulations.
* Responsible for contracted food service programs to ensure compliance with district needs and local, state, and national regulations.
* Supervise the Director of Transportation and Director of Buildings and Grounds.
The Director of Finance and Facilities Management works collaboratively with the administrative team and Board of Education to:
* Develop comprehensive, long-range facilities plans that support student learning.
* Lead employee negotiations, compensation, and benefits planning.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to create positive relationships with colleagues.
* Understand Wisconsin public school finance.
* Show evidence of leadership and decision-making skills.
* Hold or have the ability to obtain a School Business Administrator license issued by the State of Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
The top candidate will be offered a competitive salary and a strong benefits package which includes medical and dental insurance co-paid by the school district and employee, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance.
RIVER FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT PROFILE
The School District of River Falls serves 3500 students in grades PK-12. The greater community of 15,000 residents is also home to a UW system college, technical college, and serves as a suburb to the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. To learn more about our school and community visit: http://www.rfsd.k12.wi.us/district/employment-opportunities.cfm.
The School District of River Falls embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to inclusive hiring practices that support our goal of a workforce that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Specifically, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, physical, mental, emotional or learning disability or handicap.
In alignment to our values and Title IX legislation, we do not discriminate on the basis of sex. Any inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to either or both the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education or the Director of Human Resources, 852 E. Division Street, River Falls, WI 54022, (715) 425-1800, [email protected]
If, because of a disability, you require the assistance of auxiliary aides or services in conjunction with the application process, or to request employment-related accommodations, please contact: [email protected] or 715-425-1800 ext. 1101.
District Application Guidelines
Applications only accepted on WECAN using certified staff vacancy ID#159544
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.