Website Sartell-St. Stephen Schools, Independent School District 748
Position Available: Superintendent
District Name: Sartell-St. Stephen Schools, Independent School District 748
District Address: 212 3rd Ave. N., Sartell, MN 56377
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Experience as a Superintendent, Principal, or a District Office setting preferred. Demonstrate a strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, and supporting staff learning and development and financial management.
District Highlights: The district lives out its mission–To inspire the entire community to develop well-rounded citizens capable of becoming successful and contributing members of society by providing outstanding instruction in a caring and supportive environment where excellence is the expected outcome for all learners.
- District values are: Active Citizenship, Scholarship, 21st Century Learning, Professional Growth, Welcoming Environment and Whole Child Focus.
- A construction bond was passed in 2016 to build a new high school which opened in the fall of 2019. Other buildings were updated and reconfigured for the opening of school in 2020.
- The new high school offers bright, open common spaces, classrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, instead of solid walls, and a variety of learning spaces for individual, small-group, and large-group work as well as spaces for creating digital media projects.
- Staff at Sartell High School provides a rigorous academic program. Students select from a wide array of core courses as well and electives and extra-curricular options. A school within a school provides alternative learning options.
- Staff at Sartell Middle School creates an excellent learning environment appropriate for students in grades 6-8. The school programs and services meet the academic, social, physical, and emotional needs of middle school-aged students.
- Staff at two elementary schools serve students in grades 1-2 and 3-5. Both are exciting places for our youngest children and encourage parents as partners in their child’s education.
- The Early Childhood Learning Center serves students in Pre-K and kindergarten classes.
- The district is committed to the following 21st Century learning skills: critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration across networks, agility and adaptability, initiative and entrepreneurship, effective written and oral communication, accessing and analyzing information, and creativity and imagination.
- The district focuses on differentiating instruction, personalizing education for students, utilizing technology to maximize student achievement, and ensuring best practices in instruction and assessment in every classroom.
- District ACT composite scores (24.4) outperform state (21.3) and national (20.6) averages.
- High quality extracurricular and enrichment opportunities for students of all ages.
- Increasing enrollment.
- 5% of district students enroll in district schools.
- 8% of students are free and reduced lunch students.
- 2% of students receive special education services.
- 308 certified staff serve students.
- In 2018 a community survey 90% rated the quality of education as good to excellent and 86% agree or strongly agree that the community receives a good value from its investment in local public schools.
- Strong participation by students in school lunch program.
- MCA scores rank higher in comparison to like districts.
- $460 in referendum authority approved through 2030.
- Low transportation costs for similar districts.
- In 2010-11, the district had the highest percentage of expenditures going to regular instruction compared to both like-sized and aspirational districts.
- K-5 Average class size is 24. 6-8 average class size is 29. 9-12 average class size is 30.
- Strong gifted programming, technology, staff development, music programming, and teacher leadership.
- Strong evaluation of all district programs that add to effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong Early Childhood and School Readiness programs.
- Strong community and district support of the schools and the programs they offer.
- Financially stable.
Communities Served: The Sartell-St. Stephen School District is located in Central Minnesota. The boundaries of the district touch the surrounding school districts of St. Cloud, Sauk Rapids-Rice, and Holdingford. The population of the Sartell-St. Stephen communities is approximately 17,000.
Student Population: 4200
District Budget: $47 million with a $13 million reserve fund balance
- Sartell High School (9-12)
- Sartell Middle School (6-8)
- Riverview Intermediate School (3-5)
- Pine Meadow Primary School (1-2)
- Oak Ridge Early Learning Center (PK-K)
Union Affiliation – Education Minnesota
- Application Deadline: February 24
- Selected candidates taken to the Board on: March 1
- First round interviews on: March 2,3
- Second round interviews on: March 8,9,10
- Position Begins: July 1, 2021
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
District Website: https://www.sartell.k12.mn.us/
Apply through the website http://www.schoolexecconnect.com/ if you are interested in this position.
You will be asked to complete the online application and present a cover letter, resume, a copy of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.
District Application Guidelines
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.