Website Waseca Public Schools
Waseca School District
District Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct psycho-educational evaluations of learners who have been referred for potential special education placement or re-evaluations following due process guidelines.
- Work with district staff to develop pre-referral interventions as required.
- Assist, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, in making special education placement decisions.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with teachers, school administration, parents and others, as appropriate, regarding the planning, implementation, and evaluation of individual and group interventions designed to address students’ learning and behavioral concerns.
- Consults with school staff, administration, and parents in resolving students’ academic, social, emotional and behavioral concerns.
- Collaborates with school staff and/or parents in developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining behavioral and other interventions.
- Consults and collaborates with mental health, medical, social services and other community providers, as appropriate.
- Provides technical assistance to school staff and parents regarding behavior management, child development and special education procedures, as necessary and appropriate.
Hazardous Work Conditions (The essential duties of the work are performed under various physical hazards or environmental conditions noted): Duties are generally performed in a typical classroom/school setting where there are minimal environmental hazards and risks. Employee(s) may be exposed occasionally to disagreeable conditions involving human/student/parental contact.
For more information: Heather Harms, Director of Special Education
- MN Licensure as a School Psychologist (Prek-12)
- School psychology interns are welcome to apply.
- Valid Driver License and ability to travel among member districts (12-15 miles apart) as well as regional and state meetings as necessary.
- Those with a minimum of a Master’s degree and hold Minnesota a license, or another eligible licensure will be considered.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize activities.
- Effective communication skills; ability to deal effectively and appropriately with students, parents and other educational professionals regarding student concerns and problems.
- Maintain positive professional working relationships with colleagues.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with students, families, and staff is required.
- Adheres to due process requirements, state and federal laws regarding students with disabilities, and professional ethics and standards of school psychology.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and ethical standards of School Psychology.
- Working knowledge of special education laws, rules and regulations, and district policies and procedures; and the ability to apply these to help ensure District compliance.
- Candidates with strengths in good communication, collaboration, and teamwork are preferred.
District Application Guidelines
To send in an application, please click the link below to be directed to the Waseca Public Schools job site.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.