Academia Cesar Chavez
Academia Cesar Chavez, a pre-K – 8th grade charter school in St. Paul, Minnesota is seeking a new Executive Director. ACC is dedicated to providing quality dual-language education that prepares critical thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of “familia” and community. The Executive Director (ED) will provide leadership to the Academia Cesar Chavez (ACC) Charter School administrative faculty and staff in support of achieving the mission, vision, goals and values of the school. As a responsibility delegated by the ACC Board of Directors, the ED will interview, hire, and dismiss all personnel. The ED will work to insure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the operation of charter schools. The ED will work to assure that ACC provides a culturally responsive educational environment conducive to achieving academic excellence through ACC dual language program model and through other innovative assessments. The ED will work with the Board of Directors to maintain the financial viability of the school; lead the organizational planning and oversee the day to day operations; represent ACC in the public media and community; serve on Board Committees; and act as a liaison with ACC’s Charter School Authorizer. For full duties and responsibilities visit https://www.cesarchavezschool.com/.
Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to providing quality dual-language education that prepares critical thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of “familia” and community.
Academia Cesar Chavez’ Board of Directors vision is to build ACC into an education center that strengthens community by offering pre-school through adult education combining academic excellence and a holistic approach to family well-being.
District Application Guidelines
Application due February 28, 2021. To apply send the following in one PDF:
1. Cover letter (Include why you’re interested in ACC and your work with Latina/o/x students, families, and communities)
2. CV/resume with a list of 3-4 references
4. Statement on your knowledge and/or experience with charter schools (500 words max)
5. Statement on your leadership philosophy and style (500 words max)
To submit an application email Patchia Xiong Vang, Human Resources Manager, at [email protected] For questions email the Board of Directors Chair, Dr. Jessica Lopez Lyman at [email protected]chool.com
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.