Licensure Assignment and Assignment Licensure Tables
If you or your staff are in need of a resource to assist you with understanding which license can fulfill different assignments in your school district, click on the link below and go to “STAR Documents.” Under that heading select “2020-21 Licensure Assignment Table.” This resource is updated annually. It may be especially helpful to you with CTE licensure questions.
As of November 2018 the PELSB board will oversee the new four-tiered licensing system, which allows educators who lack traditional credentials to be licensed while they work to meet state standards. [email protected]
State licensing board approves resolution, creates guidance for school districts
The Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) recently passed a resolution to suspend the enforcement of several requirements related to obtaining and holding an out-of-field permission (OFP) during the 2020-21 school year as set forth in Chapter 8710 based on school closures due to COVID-19. The resolution provides that:
- During the 2020-21 school year, in situations where there is not sufficient time to post an open position, PELSB will not enforce the requirement that the school district post a position for at least 15 days (for the first time the position is open) or at least 60 days (for renewal) prior to offering the position to a licensed teacher who would require an out-of-field permission (OFP).
- PELSB will not count OFPs used during the 2020-21 school year toward a teacher’s total allotted OFPs.
Also, PELSB has created a 2020-21 Guidance for School Districts and Charter
Schools Regarding Teacher Licensure and Permissions document to help districts and HR professionals navigate the changes for the upcoming school year. Visite https://mn.gov/pelsb/ Copyright © 2020 MSBA. All rights reserved.
- Minnesota Board of School Administrators (BOSA)
- Education License Lookup
- View Your License
- The Minnesota Teaching and Certification Resource
- Becoming a Minnesota Educator
- Help with Your Resume, Networking, Interview Answers
- Interview Tips to Secure a Job in Education
- Teacher Resume Example [Job Description, Skills & Tips]