Website Albert Lea Area Schools
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of Community Education, the Early Learning Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, budgeting and supervising the programs and staff assigned to the Early Learning Programs of the District. The Early Learning Coordinator provides and delivers programs to children and parents of the District between the ages of birth and five in the early education program and child development programs that facilitate and prepare children to enter school with the necessary skills, behaviors, and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops and coordinates district-wide programs for Early Childhood and Preschool Readiness children and parents. Evaluates and assesses program functions, activities, accomplishments and needs in relations to program goals and objectives. Determines and implements changes in programs, curriculum, procedures, or operations to improve the effectiveness of Early Learning programs and enrollment.
- Selects, trains, makes job assignments, monitors staff activities, and initiates staff development trainings and provides mentoring/mentee opportunities.
- Plans for Early Learning funding from various state, district, fee/tuition, grants or entitlements. Determines program needs and plans and recommends a budget for Early Learning Programming. Writes grants proposals and/or additional funding sources to secure additional monies to meet the needs of program activities and functions. Monitors and administers program budgets and expenditures and oversees the preparation of all required state, district, federal or grant reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Promotes and markets the programs and services provided by Early Learning to include such tasks as:
- Prepares and writes articles, brochures, flyers, ads or news releases
- Speaks before community groups or outside organizations to promotes and inform the public concerning district programs
- Oversee program registration activities and procedures.
- Performs a variety of outreach activities to promote and inform the public concerning the programs offered by the District.
- Initiates and maintains contact with area Early Learning agencies.
- Oversees the implementation of MN Early Childhood Indicators of Progress (ECIP) through program curriculum and utilizes these measures to assess program effectiveness.
- Works closely with the Early Learning Advisory Council in planning, needs assessment, and in the development of long range plans for the programs. Provides information to the Community Education Advisory Committee and the School Board, as requested.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required.
- Provides professional expertise and assistance to individuals, other district staff and the community concerning areas of instructional expertise/knowledge.
- Attends training sessions, conferences, seminars, district and departmental meetings.
- Keeps abreast of changing developments, trends, instructional and educational technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Major Field of study or degree emphasis in Education, Parent Education or Early Childhood Education preferred. Community Education/K-12 Principal Licensure preferred. Licensed Teacher in Minnesota recommended.
Requires a minimum of 2 years directly related work experience in education.
- Salary commensurate with skills, experience, and qualifications; plus comprehensive benefit package.
Albert Lea Area Schools Directors/Coordinators Association or ALEA Master Teacher Contract.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply through the district website.
Job ID: 2351
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.