Website Albert Lea Area Schools
- Designs and implements data connectivity for LAN/WAN systems. Resolves server or data network problems. Maintains and provides network support and troubleshooting. Monitors network servers, internet and intranet user support.
- Tracks equipment repairs utilizing help desk ticketing system to track, update and communicate the status of repairs.
- Tests, installs, troubleshoots and maintains hardware and software used by instructional staff in the classroom (e.g. computers, white boards, hand held devices, audio/visual equipment, cameras and other classroom technologies).
- Establishes and maintains user email accounts. Researches and troubleshoots email problems by reviewing mail logs, records, network configurations and provides solutions to user problems.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security for networks.
- Supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and applications. Installs, maintains and troubleshoots storage area network (SAN). Performs server analysis and monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems.
- Upgrades network by working with vendors; developing, installing, testing and evaluating enhancements.
- Upgrades servers and workstations to latest operating systems and updates.
- Provides user support and professional development training for the District’s content management system and other enterprise-wide web based communication systems. Updates, posts and assist in creating content for the District’s website and Intranet site.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type, as required.Attends training sessions, conferences, seminars, district and departmental meetings.
- Keeps abreast of changing developments, trends, instructional and educational technologies.
- Specific software, equipment, vendors, etc., will be discussed as part of the interview process.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Associate’s Degree or Vocational Training in Network Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field preferred. Significant experience in network administration in a preK-12 school environment may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
District Application Guidelines
Please fill out the online application via the District's website.
Job ID: 2541
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.