Website Albert Lea Area Schools
- School Social Worker/Counselor – Early Childhood and 18-21 Transitions Program
- 1.0 FTE at Brookside
- Liaison with students, parents, school staff, and community agencies
- Analyzes and interprets information for recommendations regarding needs and services
- Participates in Child Intervention Teams
- Collaborates with classroom teachers identifying special needs services for youth
- Provides social work services to students and parents
- Participates as a resource person for in-service training and planning
- Participates in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process as required
- Makes referral to public or private agencies with appropriate follow-up
- Provides therapeutic & rehabilitative mental health services in conjunction with students on IEPs
- Completes mental health assessments for special education students
- Assist students to improve their academic, personal and social functioning
- Provide social skills, anger management, stress reduction and/or other similar instruction to students in order to remove barriers for learning
- Must hold appropriate Minnesota teaching license as a Licensed School Social Worker or Counselor (licensed by the Board of Social Work and the Minnesota Board of Teaching)
- Previous experience preferred
- Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Candidates preferred to have one of the following:
- Enrolled in a Social Work Master’s program from an accredited college / university
- Have an MSW from an accredited college/university
- LGSW (Licensed Graduate Social Worker) or LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker)
District Application Guidelines
Please apply through the district website.
Job ID: 2286
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.