Website Alexandria School District #206
Teacher Level: Secondary
Building Location: Alexandria Area High School
Total FTE: 1.0
* This position requires credentials to teach college public speaking*
Deliver classroom instruction; implement lesson plans on instructional units; develop and determine methods, approaches and instructional units; maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
Assess and evaluate student performance against lesson plans; determine the need for re-instruction or need for new approach; reinforce information previously taught in the classroom; determine grades for reporting purposes; monitor student performance and behaviors and determine how to approach bad behaviors.
Develop and plan instructional activities; develop and implement lesson plans personalized for individual student needs; assist in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs); implement student assessments and evaluate results; determine assessment process for instructional units; research topics and materials designed to improve instructional presentations.
Prepare for substitute teachers; communicate with parents and participate in parent/student conferences; participate and prepare for peer evaluation process.
Supervise students during the school day according to the established building schedule; provide indirect supervision during regular school days.
Collaborate with staff in evaluating individual student issues and approaches to instructional units; evaluate new teaching technologies and/or procedures.
Participate in meetings (building staff meetings, departmental meetings, grade level meetings, staff development, open house/orientation) as necessary or required; attend professional development activities.
Must have credentials to teach College Public Speaking
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.