Website St. Cloud State University
Full time Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Administration and Leadership: Probationary, Fixed Term Professor
Dean, School of Education
School of Education
Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education
Educational Administration and Leadership Program Area
SCSU Main Campus, 720 Fourth Avenue South, St. Cloud MN 56301
To learn more about the school and department https://www.stcloudstate.edu/soe/about/departments.aspx
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Teach graduate level courses, recruit and advise students; assist students with Program design and planning; serve on student committees; participate in meetings, planning, and assessment as needed, collaborate with school district personnel and with other university faculty; fulfill duties and responsibilities associated with a fixed term position in the Educational Administration and Leadership Program.
- Documented successful administrative experience in PreK-12 public school settings
- Current Minnesota Administrative licensure or the ability to be licensed.
- Earned doctorate in Educational Administration/Leadership or related field.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from minoritized, historically marginalized groups, and culturally diverse groups.
- Experience in developing and teaching online courses (which may include hybrid, hyflex, synchronous, or asynchronous)
- Evidence of recent work in public school settings
- Evidence of participation in professional educational organizations
- Evidence of collaboration/interaction with schools and districts.
- Evidence of successful university teaching experiences at the college and graduate levels.
- Evidence of successful experience working with multilingual families and/or learners.
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor’s degrees were first offered in 1925. Master’s degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu
Why Work For Us:
Help students achieve their educational dreams. We are looking for diverse people with passion, who are engaged, serious in the work of helping those who strive and desire a college education to achieve their goals.
Dr. John Eller, Search Committee Chair
Professor, EDAD Program Area
E-mail: [email protected]
Please visit https://stcloudstate.peopleadmin.com/ to apply
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121.
District Application Guidelines
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.