The Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) is a private, nonprofit organization founded in 1920. We are located in St. Peter, Minnesota. MSBA prides itself as being a “Go-To” education association by providing workshops, resources, services, and connections designed to help school boards save time, reduce expenses, govern efficiently, and stay inspired.
MSBA is seeking a full-time Board Development and Member Engagement Coordinator to join the Board Development Team. This position has a hybrid working model; it requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
The Board Development and Member Engagement Coordinator will:
- Maintain and publish the Association calendar of programs and events.
- Assist with planning Association programs and events.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to create and implement a communication and promotion strategy for Association programs and events.
- Design and prepare surveys, general correspondence, memos, and materials. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Foster relationships with members and facilitate handling requests for information.
- Provide operational and administrative support.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and problem-solving skills, multitask, prioritize daily workload, and complete work accurately and on time.
- Analyze information and make recommendations.
- Creativity, interpersonal savvy, and the ability to manage diversity.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, virtual meeting platforms, and survey software; experience in using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is desirable.
Why you will love working at MSBA
- Hybrid working model (up to 3 days remote, remaining days on-site in St. Peter).
- Starting salary, $42,000 and up, dependent on qualifications.
- 401(k) retirement plan with match.
- Benefits package that includes the following options: medical, dental, vision, healthcare savings/flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and more.
- Paid time off: vacation; holidays; and personal, sick, and bereavement leave.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Casual office attire, except for meetings and events.
- Being part of a collaborative environment where everyone pulls together to make every project a success.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- One current letter of recommendation
- Names and contact information for three references
Send materials to:
1900 W. Jefferson Ave
St. Peter, MN 56082
- Closing date – open until filled.
Initial review of applications will begin on September 27, 2022.
- Anticipated start date – November 1, 2022.
Please direct questions to:
Amy Taylor ([email protected] or phone: 507-934-8140)
MSBA is an equal opportunity employer.
District Application Guidelines
See information in listing on how to apply
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.