Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Elementary team as a Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Interventionist. BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
- We stand front and center
Brooklyn Center Community Schools endeavors to be a collective who demonstrates passion, pride, and perseverance.
We will fiercely lead the way in justice-centered education, striving against the permanence of racism and oppressive systems while embracing a future where our diversity fuels learning.
With every breath in our bodies, every ounce of influence we possess, and through every challenge, we stand front and center with the young people we love and serve.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor, advise, coach, and support student and school-wide social-emotional learning to ensure a safe, supportive, culturally responsive, equitable, and welcoming learning environment
- Works with students to promote relationship and skill-building
- Support students’ needs and uses knowledge about these needs to address and support students from where they are at
- Develops and implements prevention service-learning, community service initiatives, and restorative practices, defining consequences that are fair, age-appropriate, and matched to the behaviors to be changed
- Works collaboratively with community partners, licensed staff, supervisors, and administrative team
- Attends professional development workshops and apply learned information
- Provide individual support to students with identified SEL concerns and needs
- Interact with students providing skills in organization, communication, emotional regulation and problem-solving
- Establish effective communication with staff, students, and families
- Assist staff with student, classwide and schoolwide SEL growth opportunities and concerns
- Participate in meetings with students and families as needed. Implement, monitor, and track interventions
- Other duties as assigned
Pay and Benefits: Competitive pay and excellent benefit package
Duty Days: 178 days/ 8 hours per day (7:00 am – 3:30 pm)
Qualifications: 60 college-level credits or Associates’ Degree required; Bachelor’s degree in education or related field preferred.
Why Choose BCCS?
- Health Insurance Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA)
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.