Website Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools- We Stand FRONT and CENTER
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District seeks applicants to join our afternoon 21st Century Program team as Out of School Time Program Staff. The OST Program Staff will engage students in out-of-school-time program activities, create high-quality lesson plans for activities in areas of youth interest that target social and emotional learning goals, and ensure all students’ safety and well-being in the program. Flexibility to support youth and program needs as they change daily is required.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student’s voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
- We stand front and center
- We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
- We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
- Our diversity fuels learning
- We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
Job Summary: 21st Century Program at Brooklyn Center Community Schools has vacancies for Out of School Time (OST)Program Staff to provide program support to students after school, leading program clubs and student supervision. The OST Program Staff will be responsible for supporting the 21st Century Out-of-School Time OST programs. Under the direction of the Youth Programs Coordinator, this key position will assist in building a community of success through increasing the quality of OST programs and student leadership opportunities. The OST Program Staff will deliver high-quality OST programming to students while supporting their wellbeing, collaborate with community partners, and ensure daily program needs are met.
Knowledge, Skills and, Abilities Preferred:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to positively interact with youth and support their development
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and urban school settings preferred
- Previous experience with and understanding of out-of-school time youth programs
Qualifications: Must be 17 years of age or older; Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Working Conditions: Work is primarily performed in a typical office/ classroom setting and is exposed to a minimum of environmental conditions. Must be able to go outside daily. Must have the ability to perform at a moderate to high pace for extended periods. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.Must be able to supervise up to 20 students at a time. Work is performed in an environment of professionalism, proficiency, and precision. Must be able to navigate virtual learning platforms and required technology
Pay: Earn $17.00/hour
Seeking staff for the following shifts: Elementary: Monday- Thursday 1:30pm – 4:45pm – High School: Monday- Thursday 3:15pm – 6:15pm
Why Choose BCCS?
- Full-service community school
- Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
- Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Free, onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools:
Please select this link to apply online:
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.