Website Burnsville/Eagan/Savage Independent School District
In District One91, we are committed to removing barriers and forging unique pathways to create a future ready community. We believe that when each individual contributor is free to be their whole self and bring their whole self, we are collectively more radiant.
Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 is a dynamic and innovative suburban public school district serving approximately 7,500 students. The District includes 8 elementary schools with kindergarten through grade 5 (some with voluntary pre-kindergarten programs), two middle schools with grades 6-8, one high school with grades 9-12 and one alternative high school. The District also includes one of the most extensive Community Education programs in the state, serving newborns up through senior citizens.
The successful EL Teacher will be an individual who…
… firmly believes:
- all students can learn and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control
- that student learning guides practice and decision-making throughout the school and system
- in shared accountability and responsibility through working interdependently
- in fostering a commitment among staff and parent communities to create the conditions for equity and excellence resulting in elimination of the achievement gap
- in a model that promotes professional reflection and continuous improvement
… has demonstrated:
- *successful experience in facilitating high-quality professional learning and remarkable outcomes through application
- the ability to effectively manage and lead change, including changing practices and structures in our school system that may perpetuate inequities based on race and class
- outstanding skills in written and oral communication, talent management, and school operations
- effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication tool to improve student achievement and manage work
- personal professional learning and development through a strong understanding of literature related to education, student learning, and leadership
- the ability to manage dialog effectively, valuing alternative points of view in planning and decision-making
- that he or she is a visible instructional leader
- courage to do what is best for students
FTE: 1.0 ESL Teacher
Compensation / Benefits: Per Unit Agreement
District Application Guidelines
- Our online application system offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.
- Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
- Equity is one of District One91's core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.