Website Centennial School District
.11 FTE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECFE Teacher)
Early Childhood Center
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings.
Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
Job: Early Childhood Educator
.11 FTE- Tuesday Evenings 5:30 PM – 7:45 PM
Provide high-quality early childhood education to students in the Centennial Early Childhood
Family Education program.
Reports To: Early Childhood Family Education Coordinator
1. Plan, implement, and assess a curriculum that meets the various needs of children aged
birth to five
2. Collaborate with other early childhood educators to plan and implement lessons
3. Co-teach and collaborate with early childhood teacher(s) and parent educator(s)
4. Maintain effective classroom management
5. Demonstrate knowledge of child development and positive parenting practices
6. Model positive adult-child interaction
7. Stay up-to-date on current early childhood best practices
8. Communicate with parents/guardians regarding child’s development and progress in the
9. Meet with supervisor on a regular basis to discuss curriculum plans, classroom needs,
10. Participate in monthly staff meetings and monthly check-in meetings with supervisor
11. Assist in other capacities as determined by the Director.
● Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Early Childhood Education, Child
Development, Child and Family Studies, Elementary Education or other programs of
similar focus and content
● Holds Minnesota Department of Education teaching license in Early Childhood
● Has knowledge of child development and best practices in early childhood care
● Demonstrates successful skills in organization, verbal and written communication, and
working with children and families of diverse backgrounds
● Ability to utilize various forms of technology to enhance the program
● Evidence of self-motivation, enthusiasm, patience, problem solving and flexibility
● Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the
facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
● A minimum of one year experience in early childhood education
● Experience working in inclusive settings
● Knowledge of the school district
● Knowledge of Google Drive
● Knowledge of the Early Childhood Indicators of Progress
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants must apply online at www.isd12.org. Applications accepted until position is filled and posting is removed.
Centennial School District #12
4707 North Road
Circle Pines, MN 55014
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.