Website Centennial School District
School Readiness Teacher- Updated 2023
Centerville Elementary School
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings.
Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
Provide high-quality early childhood education to children ages 3 and 4 in our part-day
Centennial Preschool program. Applicants should demonstrate a love for teaching, passion for serving early childhood students and families, and ability to successfully communicate with parents and fellow staff members.
Salary and Benefits: Salary according to the Centennial teacher contract. Prorated benefits.
Reports To: School Readiness Preschool Coordinator
Job Description and Performance Responsibilities
1. Using district and program instructional procedures, provide preschool education to
children in the assigned classroom. This includes implementation of social-emotional
strategies and supports, assessment, curriculum, and instruction
2. Attend professional development provided by the district and program, including
workshops, presentations, coaching sessions, staff meetings, and Professional Learning
Communities; implement the learning in instructional practice
3. Develop strong relationships with children to promote learning and partnerships with
parents/caregivers to promote family engagement; conduct parent-teacher conferences
and on-going communication with families
4. Collaborate with colleagues in a variety of ways, including planning instruction and
collaborative teaching in an inclusive setting
5. Direct and delegate paraprofessionals in supporting the classroom
6. Complete and submit all required program records, assessments, and data according to timelines; record children’s skills in areas of language, physical, social, and emotional
7. Promote a positive image of Centennial Schools and the Centennial Preschool program
and contribute to a positive, respectful, professional working environment
8. Demonstrate regular attendance, arrive on time, and follow assigned work schedule
9. Provide a safe, nurturing educational environment for children, including those with
10. Collaborate with parent educators who plan and implement parent education
opportunities for families
11. Plan field trips and on-site activities throughout the year
12. Collaborate with district lead and kindergarten teachers to ensure pre-K and K alignment
13. Meet with the supervisor on a regular basis/as needed to discuss curriculum plans,
classroom needs, etc.
14. Participate in staff meetings.
15. Assists in other capacities as determined by the supervisor and/or director.
● Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Early Childhood Education, Child
Development, Child and Family Studies, or other programs of similar focus and content
● Holds a current certification in First Aid and Child CPR, or is willing to obtain before they start the position
● Has knowledge of child development and best practices in early childhood care
● Demonstrates successful skills in organization, verbal and written communication, and
working with children and families of diverse backgrounds
● Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the
facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
● Holds current, valid Minnesota Teaching License in early childhood, pre-kindergarten, or preschool
● A minimum of one year experience in an preschool/early childhood classroom
● Experience working in inclusive settings
● Training and experience in early childhood evidence-based practices.
● Knowledge of the school district
● Knowledge of Google Drive
● Knowledge of Creative Curriculum for Preschool, the DRDP assessment tool, IGDIs
assessment tool, and/or Pyramid Model framework
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants must apply online at www.isd12.org. Click on “Employment” at the upper right of the page to begin the applications process. Applications accepted until position is filled and posting is removed.
Centennial School District #12
4707 North Road
Circle Pines, MN 55014
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.