Website Centennial School District
6.5 hr. Paraprofessional- Project SEARCH
Location: Medtronic- Mounds View
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings.
Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
Project SEARCH Paraprofessional (Skills Trainer)
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for providing on-site training, supervision and support for transition students participating in the school to work transition program. The Skills Trainer serves as a liaison between the host employer, Medtronic, instructor and other developmental disabilities partners to facilitate the integration of persons with disabilities into the community work setting.
1. Assist the Project SEARCH Instructor in the operation and function of the classroom, and to work with individual or small groups of students as directed by and under the supervision of the instructor.
2. Assist with the implementation and follow through of the student’s IEP plan in all settings.
3. Communicate effectively with Project SEARCH Instructor, Medtronic employees, and co-workers.
4. Provide assistance with training, supervision, and support for student interns at Medtronic worksites, which includes: hands-on job coaching, building natural supports, identifying job accommodations, help with interpersonal skills necessary in the workplace, etc.
5. Adhere to and promote standards of Medtronic work site to promote job productivity and efficiency. Ensure that production and quality standards as specified by Medtronic are met by student interns.
6. Participate in intern meetings as needed.
7. Promote a productive working relationship to ensure the successful integration of the program participants.
8. Work in collaboration with the instructor and Medtronic personnel to encourage program growth and expansion.
9. Perform other reasonably related job duties as requested.
10. Drive to various Medtronic sites when interns have been assigned.
High School Diploma required.
Demonstrated aptitude and competence for assigned responsibilities; job specific skill training provided.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
WAGES: Starting at $16.37 per hour.
Internal and external applicants must apply online at www.isd12.org. Click on “Employment” at the upper right of the page to begin the applications process. Applications accepted until filled. Starting August 2023.
HR Specialist- Centennial School District 12
4707 North Road
Circle Pines, MN 55014
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.