Website Centennial School District
CAREER CENTER SPECIALIST- HIGH SCHOOL
CENTENNIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is the connecting hub for the communities of Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Lexington and Lino Lakes, located 20 minutes north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. With 9 exceptional schools serving 6,400 students, Centennial offers a track record of academic success combined with a consistent district-wide drive for improvement. Annually, district’s high school graduation rate of 94.7% is at the top of Minnesota’s rankings. Centennial’s schools are safe and filled with respectful students who are a wonderful reflection of and contributors to the community. The district’s vibrant learning environments and personalized, team approach supports the strengths and addresses the challenges of each individual student. The curriculum throughout K-12 is focused on the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Importantly, Centennial is distinguished by its use of data to drive achievement, its innovative use of technology, and its exceptional faculty, with 78% of them holding a master’s degree.
A transparent and good steward of public resources, Centennial is guided by a strategic plan developed in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. As a district that encourages, listens and responds, Centennial is the pride of our five communities with 86% of resident students choosing Centennial, nearly 90% of parents rating teachers as “excellent”, and 91% saying students are well prepared for college.
Career Center Specialist – High School – 7.5 hours/day –7:45 AM – 3:15 PM – 193
days/year (includes 9 holidays) – beginning August 2022.
· Collaborates with local business leadership in support of Career Pathway experiences and internships.
· Serve as member of CHS Career Pathways Committee.
· Coordinates and communicates military recruiter visits to CHS.
· Develops contacts and maintains working relationships with Career Center personnel throughout the state of Minnesota
· Develops contacts and maintains working relationships with College Admissions Counselors throughout the state of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Michigan.
· Acts in an administrative capacity when scheduling College Admissions Counselor visits to Centennial High School.
· Provides support for teachers, parents, students, and job shadow hosts in reference to the Career Task Advisory requirement. Develops working relationships with members in the community and metro area who have volunteered to become job shadow hosts for CHS students. Developed a job shadow directory for students who need contacts for their job shadow.
· Has working knowledge of college selection, application, admissions, and financial aid processes and is able to communicate this information to parents and students.
· Collaborates with the school counselors and presents information to parents and students during College Planning Night, Coffee with the Counselors, Financial Planning and Financial Aid Nights.
· Submits written articles to Principal Talk, The Observer, Cougar News regarding college/career information for staff and parents.
· Maintains Career Center webpage with current college/career related information and documents.
· Support a working relationship with the Centennial Area Education Foundation in connection with the Centennial Area Scholarship Program.
· Assists school counselors in the implementation of the Centennial Area Scholarship Program.
· Acts in an administrative capacity when organizing career/college related field trips for students. (National College Fair, Career Jam, Legal Expo, and various industry field trips)
· Stays current in the field through professional reading, seminars, workshops, and conventions.
· Coordinates career speaker guests.
· Acts in a teaching capacity presenting career, college, and financial aid information to students in classes when requested.
· Acts in a teaching capacity presenting resume writing information to senior advisories.
· Co-leader for the organization and implementation of the “Pathways to the Future” presentations to 10th grade students each year.
· Member of the Support Services Team and attends meeting throughout the school year.
· Collaborates with school counselors to facilitate 9th grade activities for the first day of school.
· Collaborates with school counselor to organize and support information to juniors during the Junior Class Meeting.
· Collaborates with principal and school counselor to support information to seniors during the Senior Class Meeting.
· Collaborates with school counselor to prepare, organize, and implement activities during College Knowledge Month.
· Provides leadership to staff in regard to a college awareness culture at CHS.
· Acts in an administrative capacity to provide ACT practice tests for juniors.
· Provides resources to community members. Manages the Career Center for parents, students, community members to access resources.
· Assists teachers in providing career education by providing suggestions, information, and community resources for classroom instruction.
· Provide information to students and staff on career education resources and opportunities available in the career center.
· Provides job posting board for community businesses to utilize. Provides job opportunities for job seeking students.
High school diploma required.
Recent successful experience in an office setting preferred, but not required.
Technology training preferred.
Hourly Contract: Starting at $28.51.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Internal and External Applicants must apply on our website at www.isd12.org. Click on “Employment” on
upper right of the page to begin the application process. Applications received until filled.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.