Website Crosslake Community School
Position: Director of In-Person Learning, Crosslake Community School
About Our School:
Crosslake Community School (CCS) is a public charter school offering both in-person and online programming for students in preschool through 12th grade. The CCS in-person campus is located in the heart of the Brainerd Lakes Area in beautiful Crosslake, MN. Our new campus and many programs and initiatives have resulted from the incredible support of this generous, talented, and vibrant community.
CCS’s mission is to grow environmentally literate, community, impacting learners of excellence. We achieve this through our commitment to integrating environmental education at all grade levels and our partnership with our authorizer, Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center. Crosslake Community School offers a highly personalized educational experience through our strong commitment to small
class sizes and multiple layers of student support. At CCS, we believe our students’ success is our success. Learn more about our school by visiting our website. https://www.crosslakekids.org
CCS is seeking a Director for our in-person learning program serving students in preschool through the eighth grade. The Director of In-person Learning will provide leadership and administration to a motivated staff of instructional and support personnel. They will nurture an environment where staff strives for exemplary performance, providing the best possible opportunities for student growth and
development both educationally and personally. The In-Person Director will assume a co-leadership role with the Director of Online Learning to promote student success by collaborating with and providing support to the school community. The Director of In-Person Learning is a beacon for CCS’s Mission and Vision to grow environmentally literate, community-impacting learners of excellence.
Desired Credentials and Skills
While not required, MN Licensed Teacher with classroom teaching experience is desired.
While not required, a Licensed School Administrator in the State of Minnesota is desired.
If the individual does not hold a valid administrative license, the Board of Education and the individual would develop a professional development plan that would include training in the following areas:
- Instruction and assessment; human resources; personnel management; financial management; legal and compliance management; effective communication; and board, authorizer, and community relations.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate in a leadership role.
- Proven experience as an innovative leader who possesses strong written and verbal communication, critical thinking, decision-making, detail-orientation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skill, knowledge, and passion for environmental education.
- Knowledge of Charter School philosophy, approaches, and differentiation from other schools.
- Innovation and the ability to lead others to deliver outcomes to fulfill a vision, mission and/or strategy.
- Strong listening skills and ability to balance the input of various individuals, such as teachers, other staff, community leaders, students, and parents/guardians.
- Ability to assess student and teacher performance and provide feedback.
- Ability to understand state educational standards and to evaluate curricula and educational programs.
- Ability to resolve Human Resource issues and interpret and implement policies.
Knowledge of educational technology and proven computer skills, particularly in the areas of databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Salary and benefits will be determined by the board and posted no later than July 15th.
Position open until filled. Applications submitted by July 27 will receive priority.
All application materials and inquiries should be directed to the consultant to the Crosslake Community School Board. To apply or inquire, please send a letter of interest, current resume, and three reference letters including names and contact information to:
Dr. Daniel L. Jett
Trim Tab Consulting
[email protected] (preferred)
27245 Puno Drive
Punta Gorda, FL 33983
District Application Guidelines
Please follow the directions stated above.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.