Website Elk River Area School District
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, the principal is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership, and effective management to ensure the overall success and growth of the high school. The principal will collaborate with staff, students, parents, and the community to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters academic excellence, personal growth, and social development.
- MA plus forty-five (45) credits in school administration or Ed.S. or doctorate in school administration. Doctorate in Education preferred. secondary Education or related field.
- Highly-developed and effective leadership and team management skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Ability to work with parents, community groups and diverse local, regional, and state agencies.
- Understanding of evidence-based instructional practices and curriculum resource needs in special education.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws and rules related to programs and services of the department, and ability to translate laws and rules into plans of action.
- Ability to plan and carry out long-range planning for professional learning and program development.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of budgeting and revenue sources and ability to recommend and adhere to budgets based on District needs.
- Experience with special education, Section 504, and health services.
- Managerial skills including planning, budgeting, problem solving, conflict resolution, organization and leadership.
- Proficient in human relations and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and give work direction to others.
- Strong background in instructional best practices.
- Previous experience as a high school principal preferred
District Application Guidelines
Apply through ISD 728 website.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.