The Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) is a private, nonprofit organization founded in 1920. We are located in St. Peter, Minnesota. MSBA prides itself as being a “Go-To” education association by providing workshops, resources, services, and connections designed to help school boards save time, reduce expenses, govern efficiently, and stay inspired.
MSBA is seeking an Executive Search Specialist (.75 FTE) to join the Executive Search Team. This position has a hybrid working model; it requires some evening hours.
The Executive Search Specialist will collaborate with the Director of Leadership Development and Executive Search to:
- Facilitate executive search services for school districts.
- Help school districts in the areas of executive search, superintendent evaluation, and board/superintendent relations.
- Support services and programs in the areas of school board/superintendent relations and school board governance.
- Present at conferences, workshops, and in-district meetings.
- Facilitate handling requests for information.
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the Association and members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, demonstrate flexibility, and prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; virtual meeting platforms; and survey software.
Knowledge of public education and Minnesota employment-related laws and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion related programs is desirable.
Why you will love working at MSBA
- Hybrid working model (combination of remote, on-site in St. Peter, and in-district).
- Starting salary, $38,000 and up, dependent on qualifications.
- 401(k) retirement plan with match.
- Benefits package that includes the following options: medical, dental, vision, and more.
- Paid time off.
- Casual office attire, except for meetings and events.
- Being part of a collaborative environment where everyone pulls together to make every project a success.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- One current letter of recommendation
- Names and contact information for three references
Send materials to:
1900 W. Jefferson Ave
St. Peter, MN 56082
- Closing date – open until filled.
Initial review of applications will begin August 11, 2022.
- Commence work – to be determined.
Please direct questions to:
Amy Taylor ([email protected] or phone: 507-934-8140)
MSBA is an equal opportunity employer
District Application Guidelines
See application procedure listed above.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.