Website Faribault Public Schools
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a licensed teaching position that works directly with students. This teacher is responsible for all planning, assessment and instruction, and differentiation of the curriculum as needed while providing positive and consistent curriculum classroom management and behavioral intervention and support. Ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must, as is the ability to be flexible while maintaining priorities. Additional collaborative work may regularly take place with parents, coworkers and administrators to ensure the high academic performance and achievement of these students. This position will commence with the 2023-2024 school year on August 21, 2023.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Collaborate with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Promote equity and appreciation of diversity
• Maintain classroom management and consistently implement the program’s level system.
• Promote high standards and expectations for student achievement
• Plan and deliver effective instruction according to MN state standards.
• Address the human growth and development, physical, emotional/mental, social, intellectual, and moral issues
• Develop creative weekly lesson plans that meet needs of student learners.
• Deliver instruction utilizing appropriate resources, equipment, materials, technology and instructional strategies.
• Provide differentiated instruction based on the student’s individual level of functioning and / or modalities.
• Provide a positive role model of appropriate and respectful interactions with students and staff.
• Develop, teach, and review clear and concise classroom rules, routines, procedures, and expectations.
• Maintain constant and ongoing communication regarding students and all facets of the program.
• Accurately complete all required paperwork within the designated timelines.
• Create and support implementation of behavior improvement plans
• Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the Director
• Valid Minnesota Teaching License in English/Language Arts.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience working with students who may be at risk or have special needs
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Effective communication/interpersonal skills
• Experience in curriculum and instructional strategies for differentiated instruction
• Experience with high school students and programs
• Experience developing relationships with a multicultural community
• Experience working with at risk students and trauma informed.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual/bicultural beneficial
According to Master Contract
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.