Under the direction of the Building Principal and Director of Special Education, the Licensed Special Education Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities; Evaluates and assesses student progress against instructional objectives; follows State mandated due process procedures and functions as IEP Manager to assigned students.
* Teach curriculum of Farmington Area Public Schools.
* Fulfill responsibilities as defined by the current teachers working agreement.
* Fulfill responsibilities as directed by the principal.
* Maintain good communication and cooperation with staff and parents.
- Minimum B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution in the appropriate special education area.
- Current Minnesota teaching license in required content area. ABS Preferred, LD, EBD, ASD also acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of special education and specialty area.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching of students with disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of school rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior.
- Ability to deliver and articulate oral presentations and written reports.
- Ability to effectively an analyze needs and problems objectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, students, parents, staff, administration and the general public.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge of relevant technology including the use of technology such as i-pads to individualize instruction.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school district and state.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children with ADD and behavior and emotional disabilities.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
District Application Guidelines
1.0 FTE special education teacher
Location - Special Service Center
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.